Friday, June 7, 2013

Get Summer Ready at Wish List Consignment

   Are you ready for the lazy, hazy days of summer?                               
   Grab your sunblock, a cute pair of sandals...
   Then try something a little different this season.           
   Bring out your inner Betty Draper from 'Mad Men' and scoop up some 60's style!
   Peruse the racks at Wish List Consignment and you'll find exactly what you need.
   Check out this adorable blue print dress.




   Prints were all the rage on the Spring/Summer runways. Pair it with your new sandals, an oversize pair of sunnies and you're all set!
   Want something with a little more flare? Try this 60's bright flowy frock...




    Or this jade green belted dress.




   Need something a little more dressy? As soon as I saw this piece I immediately thought of Jackie O!




   This is a two piece beautiful pink sleeveless dress with a jewel encrusted neckline and matching jacket.     
   Love it!
   But don't forget the perfect accessory.
   The summer hat!
   At Wish List the selection is fantastic!




   Oversized beach hat will protect you from the sun and help you look fabulous!




   Not that daring?
   Try one of these smaller straw toppers.
   I did see one AH-MAZING chapeau from the 20's that would complete my outfit to see 'The Great Gatsby'.....




   Do you love it?!
   Black hat with a little lace in the front and a fantastic fantail of feathers on the back. It comes with the original box! It's definitely one of my favorite pieces at the shop.
   And I'm not the only one who found some must have pieces at Wish List.
   So did the curator of an upcoming exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston! She was in the store looking for pieces from the late 1960's to the early 1970's for 'Hippie Chic',  an upcoming exhibit that features fashion from a time when the hippie style reigned supreme.
   Gretchen Gold, owner of Wish List Consignment told me the MFA curator bought several pieces from the store although she's not sure which ones will be used.     
   But she is very excited to have some of her items featured in such a significant event.
   And one of the items snatched up is definitely in a significant place. See the shirt under the purple jacket? It's from Wish List! This is one of the print ads for the exhibit.




   So chic!
   The exhibit opens at the Museum of Fine Arts on July 16th and runs through November 11th.
   I couldn't leave Wish List without my piece of 60's style!




   1960's beauty travel case! I remember my Grandmother having one just like it in blue! It's a fabulous addition to my vintage collection.
   But I really love that black feathered hat too.....

----------------------

You can find Wish List on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/WishListConsignment?fref=ts

Want more fashion? Check out my Facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Fabulous-Fashionista-Files/140944165939514

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone